Important: By signing up, using, or otherwise accessing the services provided by 81Broadband, hereinafter referred to as “internet access service”, you implicitly agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. This agreement may affect your rights, so you should read it carefully. Use of our services requires your acceptance of this agreement, and it may be modified at any time without prior notice from us.
1. Installation And Service: Terms: 81Broadband shall install or arrange installation of products and services as set forth on the 81Broadband Form. All installation fees, charges for additional hardware and recurring service fees for the first indicated period on the order form are due and must be paid at the time service installation is complete. Customer shall provide all necessary preparations required to ensure proper installation, maintenance and operation of all the circuit; and will provide 81Broadband (and its representatives and suppliers) all reasonable access to Customer’s premises and telephone equipment to perform any acts pursuant to this agreement. Customer is responsible for Professional Installation fees, and all costs of wiring beyond the point of demarcation (the “demarc”) as outfitted in 1(b), and for relocation of services once installed. Inside Wiring: The demarc will be determined in the course of installation; any wiring performed beyond this point is considered “inside wiring.” On a line-shared ADSL/VDSL or Broadband circuit, inside wiring is normally unnecessary. 81Broadband (and its representatives) will do the minimum amount of inside wiring work necessary and feasible to complete a Professional Install if one is ordered. In some cases, Customer will need to procure special permission, insurance, and/or a 3rd party contractor to complete inside wiring; any fees and costs thereof are separate from 81Broadband fees and charges, and 81Broadband will not provide any credit, reimbursement, or discount for them. Professional Install: Customer will pay a Professional Install Fee, which carries a one-time $50.00 cost, if a Six Month Contract is signed. If the Customer does not sign the Six Month Contract, the full Professional Install charge of $150 will be applied. 81Broadband exercise reasonable effort to arrange these appointments when convenient for the Customer. 81Broadband reserves the right to charge a Cancellation Fee prorated based on the time left on the One Year Contract signed.
2. Term of Agreement: This agreement shall have a term of Six Months, unless a different term is agreed upon in writing or set forth on the 81Broadband Order Form. This term shall commence on the date of installation completion and shall thereafter automatically renew for successive equivalent or monthly terms as applicable, unless terminated as set forth therein or unless written notice of non-renewal by either party is delivered to the other party at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then current term.
3. Moving: If the Customer moves during the term of this agreement and would like to relocate the service, Customer must place a relocation request with 81Broadband soon as possible. This request must contain the requested date of the service termination, plus the address and phone number of the new location if possible and the prospective move-in date. Upon receiving a written or email relocation request from Customer, 81Broadband will place a “move order” for the location. The Service must be maintained at the old address until the Service has been delivered to the new address. All applicable early-termination fees will be charged. If 81Broadband its agents are unable to provide service to Customer’s new location, the Agreement shall terminate and the Early Termination fee of $200 shall be applied, prorated based on the Six Month Contract signed.
4. Payment And Billing: Rates are as set forth on the 81Broadband DSL or Broadband price list on the date the order is placed. Billing will commence on the date Customer’s DSL or Broadband connection to 81Broadband activated. Unless otherwise agreed 81Broadband Customer in writing. Customer’s billing cycle will be determined by the initial payment amount as follows: If the initial payment covers a full year (inclusive of applicable discounts), the billing cycle will equal one year. If the initial payment covers less than one year, the billing cycle will equal one month. Initial charges shall be invoiced in advance, and are due on the activation date. Customer’s billing cycle will commence with the date of activation and subsequent payments will be due on that date each billing cycle. Charges more than 30 days overdue will subject Customer to interruption of service. Such interruption does not relieve Customer from the obligation to pay the recurring charge, and no credit will be given for interruptions of service due to late payment. 81Broadband reserves the right to levy services charges, early termination fees, and fees on accounts more than 30 days overdue.
5. Obligations Of Customers: Customer shall use 81Broadband services only for lawful purposes. Customers shall not transmit, retransmit, or store material in violation of any federal, state, or local law (statutory or common) or regulation, including without limitation, laws or governing libel or slander, obscenity, threats or harassment and infringement or other violation of trademark, copyright, trade secret or proprietary rights. Customer is responsible for obeying all of 81Broadband Rules of Use, except where superseded by this agreement. Upon notice from 81Broadband, Customer shall promptly eliminate any hazard, interference or service obstruction that hardware or software not provided by 81Broadband is causing, or is likely to cause. 81Broadband will, at its option, troubleshoot problems caused by such hardware or software at Customer’s request. Such services are billed at rates in effect when such services are requested.
6. Rights And Obligations Of 81Broadband: 81Broadband shall install the products and services set forth on the 81Broadband DSL or Broadband Internet Order Form. Stated bandwidths apply only to the circuit between Customer’s Equipment and 81Broadband. 81Broadband warrants that on the date of installation, the products and services shall be in good working order and conform to order specifications. THE FOREGOING WARRANY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITTNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 81Broadband makes no other warranty, either express or implied, in regard to any or all of the following: (a) information, products or services provided to the Customer as a result of this agreement; (b) the availability, accuracy or content of information, products or materials sent or received via services provided by 81Broadband; (c) service interruptions or network downtime. Services shall be provided on a “best efforts” basis, but if service is completely unavailable for a period exceeding Three Business Days for reasons solely attributable to 81Broadband Customer shall be credited on a pro-rata basis for each such day, but only if the Customer request such a credit. Applicable credits and refunds shall be limited to recurring monthly or yearly service fees ONLY for periods when service is unavailable; setup fees, hardware cost, and other non-recurring fees are non-refundable. 81Broadband shall not be liable (either in contract or tort), for losses or damages arising from unauthorized access, alteration, theft, or destruction of the Customer’s data files, or information, which is caused by accident or any other means, whether or not such access occurs as a result of any act or omission by 81Broadband . 81Broadband shall not be liable for any damages suffered by Customer for any reason, including (but not limited to). Loss of data resulting from delays, non deliveries, wrong deliveries, and any service interruptions whether caused by the acts and omissions of 81Broadband and its employees or of the Customer or any other party. 81Broadband shall have no liability with respect to the content of any information passing through its network.
7. Limitation Of Liability: In the event that the products or services fail to conform in any manner to this agreement or any specifications of 81Broadband the Customer’s sole remedy and 81Broadband sole obligation shall be the repair or replacement of the equipment at the customer cost. IN NO EVENT WILL 81Broadband BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF 81Broadband HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. 81Broadband SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, CLIENTS OR MEMBERS; LOSS OF GOODWILL; OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING IN ANY MANNER FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF ANY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. Any cause of action arising out of the provision of 81Broadband products or services shall be instituted within one year after the claim has arisen or such cause of action be barred.
8. Termination Of Services: 81Broadband may terminate this Agreement upon default of Customer’s payment or other obligations under this Agreement. If Customer terminates this Agreement before the term is finished, for any reason, Customer shall pay an Early Termination Fee of $200, prorated based on the Six Month Contract signed.
9. Nature of Information: The Customer has been advised and acknowledges that the internet may contain information, materials, and language that may be deemed adult in nature and inappropriate or offensive. The Customer is further advised that there is no effective way to limit access to certain materials on the internet. The Customer is responsible for all information received, transmitted, and/or stored by the Customer and the Customer releases 81Broadband from and agrees to indemnity 81Broadband against any and all claims, losses or expenses relating to such information, materials, and language. This indemnification shall survive any termination of this agreement.
10. Indemnification: The Customer shall indemnity and hold 81Broadband harmless from and against any and all lawsuits, claims, damages, liabilities or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees in connection with the investigation, defense, or settling of any such loss, claim, damage, action or proceeding) related to or arising out of the Customer’s use of the products or services provided by 81Broadband. This indemnification provision shall survive any termination of this agreement.
11. Transfer And Assignment: Neither party, other than for collateral purposes, may sell, assign or transfer this Agreement without written consent of the other party, except that 81Broadband may assign this Agreement. Customer may not resell IP accounts from an 81Broadband provided DSL or Broadband Internet Service by wireless or any other means without explicit written permission of 81Broadband.
12. Force Majeure: In the event 81Broadband is prevented or hindered from complying with any of the requirements of this Agreement by reason of war, riots, embargoes, strikes, earthquakes, tornadoes or severe weather of any kind, ice storms, and other Act of God, or by operation of force majeure or any federal or state law or any order, rule or regulation of governmental authority, then, while so prevented, 81Broadband obligation to comply with such requirement shall be suspended and 81Broadband shall not be liable for failure to comply therewith. Should such occurrences continue for more than thirty (30) days, either 81Broadband or the Customer may terminate this Agreement without further liability to the other.
13. Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement of the parties and may be modified by 81Broadband at any time without prior notice. In the event any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, all other provisions remain in full force and effect.
14. Choice Of Law: This Agreement shall be construed according to, and be governed by, the laws of the State of Oklahoma, Jefferson and Stephens Counties, 81Broadband. 81Broadband may at its sole option and discretion, decide on a venue of its choosing in any legal action, whether at law or equity, which may arise out of the performance or nonperformance of any article in this agreement.
15. Acceptable Use Policy Any use of 81Broadband resources that disrupt the normal use of the system or Internet for other people are deemed to be unacceptable. Such unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to, the following: Using it for illegal copyright infringements and other illegal downloads. Using it for illegal purposes. Using it to transmit threatening, obscene or harassing materials. Using it to interfere with or to disrupt network users, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising via email or Usenet, propagation of computer viruses or worms, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the network. Using it to post a single article or advertisement to more than ten (10) Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, email mailing lists or other similar group or lists articles which are off topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list, or to send unsolicited mass emailing (spam). Using it to transmit any material in violation of any U.S., State, or local regulation which may include but is not limited to copyrighted material, threatening, obscene, libelous, or defamatory material, or material protected by trade secret. Web sites or other Internet services may not be advertised by you, or by another person, using techniques that would be classified as “abuse” if they were carried out from an 81Broadband account including, but not limited to, bulk emailing and excessive news posting. Such action will be treated under the 81Broadband User Agreement as if it had been done from an 81 Broadband account.
USE OF 81Broadband INTERNET SERVICES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
81Broadband participates in the FCC’s Low Income Lifeline program which provides credits for both broadband and voice service, upon qualification. Both its public tariff and the following link (lifelinesupport.org) provide all the terms, conditions, and eligibility to qualify for Lifeline: www.lifelinesupport.org.
All terms, conditions, rates for regulated voice service are publicly available in the most recently approved Oklahoma Exchange Tariff, which can be accesses at the following link: https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/PUDTariff.aspx